Will You Marry Me?

If you’re getting married in a Church or other religious venue, it’s expected that your pastor/bishop/minister, et al will be performing the ceremony.

If this is not the case, you will need someone to perform the ceremony for you. That person is called a Wedding Officiant.

Wedding Officiants are licensed or certified on a per state basis to perform a wedding ceremony. If you choose to use a Wedding Officiant, there are some questions you must ask in order to make your selection.

  1. Can we write our own vows?

  2. What’s covered in your fee?

  3. Will you help us obtain our marriage licenses?

  4. Can you do a religious ceremony?

  5. Can we personalize our ceremony?

Once you have selected an Officiant, a written contract should be drawn up and a deposit made for his or her services. The Officiant will then have to check out the venue to get familiar with the location just to make sure there are no surprises.

After the ceremony, the Officiant will complete and file all paperwork with the state, then make copies of all pertinent documents and make sure that you receive a keepsake copy.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts